Personal pronouns in the Genitive
Last three lessons we dedicated to forming the Genitive case with masculine, feminine and neuter singular Russian nouns.
But as you might have already noticed, not only nouns change their form in different cases but the pronouns as well. Today we’ll learn the Russian personal pronouns in the Genitive and practice their use.
|English pronoun||Russian pronoun||Genitive form|
|he||он||его́ / него́|
|she||она́||её / неё|
|it||оно́||его́ / него́|
|they||они́||их / них|
Notice the for the pronouns он, она, оно and они there are two forms, one of them is with Н as the first letter. This form with Н should be used only after the prepositions. In all other cases, use the form without Н.
Now, let’s practice with some examples (the pronouns in the Genitive are highlighted):
Э́ти цветы́ для меня́.
These flowers are for me.
Для тебя́ тут письмо́.
There is a letter for you here.
Его здесь нет.
He is not here.
Её здесь нет.
She is not here.
Все согласи́лись, кро́ме него́.
Everyone agreed except him.
Для нас э́то ва́жно.
It is important for us.
Мы пригото́вили для них сюрпри́з.
We have prepared a surprise for them.
More lessons on the Genitive case
- The Genitive case and its prepositions (#031)
- The Genitive case with masculine singular nouns (#032)
- The Genitive case with feminine singular nouns (#033)
- The Genitive case with neuter singular nouns (#034)
- Personal pronouns in the Genitive (#035)
- The Genitive with singular nouns - Recap (#038)
- The Genitive case with masculine plural nouns (#040)
- The Genitive case with feminine plural nouns (#041)
- The Genitive case with neuter plural nouns (#042)
- The Genitive case with plural nouns - Recap (#043)
- Possessive pronouns in the Genitive (#046)
- Demonstrative pronouns in the Genitive (#047)
- Practice the Dative and Genitive case (#072)
- Practice: the Genitive, the Dative and the Accusative (#090)
More lessons on the Russian personal pronouns
We need your support!