Demonstrative pronouns in the Dative
Today we continue learning the Russian grammar and dedicate this lesson to the demonstrative pronouns in the Dative case.
Russian demonstrative pronouns in the Dative
This is the list of Russian demonstrative pronouns. The first pronoun in a pair is in the Nominative case (you should remember them from the lesson about the demonstrative pronouns), the second one is in the Dative case.
э́тот – э́тому
э́та – э́той
э́то – э́тому
э́ти – э́тим
тот – тому́
та – той
то – тому́
те – тем
Read the examples and try to explain to yourself the use of the Dative case in each sentence. The demonstrative pronouns in the Dative are highlighted.
Я э́тому не ве́рю.
I don’t believe it.
Мы должны́ пересмотре́ть своё отноше́ние к э́тому челове́ку.
We need to reconsider our attitude to this man.
Он подари́л цветы́ той же́нщине, кото́рую люби́л.
He gave the flowers to the woman he loved.
Така́я му́зыка нра́вится тем, кто лю́бит рок-н-ролл.
Those who love rock and roll like such music.
Listen to the audio and practice the pronunciation.
More lessons on the Dative case
- Dative case in Russian and its prepositions
- The Dative case with masculine singular nouns
- The Dative case with feminine singular nouns
- The Dative case with neuter singular nouns
- Personal pronouns in the Dative
- Possessive pronouns in the Dative case
- Russian verbs that take the Dative case
- The Dative case with plural nouns
- Demonstrative pronouns in the Dative
- Practice the Dative and Genitive case
- Practice: the Genitive, the Dative and the Accusative
More lessons on the Russian demonstrative pronouns
We need your support!