Demonstrative pronouns in the Instrumental
The audio for the lesson is available at the bottom of the screen under the blue button.
Russian demonstrative pronouns in the Instrumental
The first pronoun in a pair is in the Nominative case, the second one is in the Instrumental case.
э́тот – э́тим
э́та – э́той
э́то – э́тим
э́ти – э́тими
тот – тем
та – той
то – тем
те – те́ми
Here are some examples for you to practice (nouns and pronouns in the Instrumental are highlighted with their prepositions):
Э́тим прое́ктом руководи́т мой брат.
My brother leads this project.
Мы пое́дем с э́тими су́мками.
We’ll go with these bags.
Тем ве́чером нас не́ было до́ма.
We were not at home that evening.
Мы не согла́сны с э́тим.
We are not agree with it.
Listen to the audio track and practice all today’s examples.
More lessons on the Instrumental case
- 102: The Instrumental case and its prepositions
- 103: The Instrumental case with masculine singular nouns
- 104: The Instrumental case with feminine singular nouns
- 105: The Instrumental case with neuter singular nouns
- 106: The Instrumental case with plural nouns
- 107: Personal pronouns in the Instrumental
- 108: Possessive pronouns in the Instrumental
- 109: Demonstrative pronouns in the Instrumental
- 110: The Instrumental case - Practice
More lessons on the Russian demonstrative pronouns
We need your support