Demonstrative pronouns in the Instrumental
We’ve already covered Russian personal pronouns in the Instrumental case. Today let’s have a look at the demonstrative pronouns:
The first pronoun in a pair is in the Nominative case, the second one is in the Instrumental case.
э́тот – э́тим
э́та – э́той
э́то – э́тим
э́ти – э́тими
тот – тем
та – той
то – тем
те – те́ми
Here are some examples for you to practice (nouns and pronouns in the Instrumental are highlighted with their prepositions):
Э́тим прое́ктом руководи́т мой брат.
My brother leads this project.
Мы пое́дем с э́тими су́мками.
We’ll go with these bags.
Тем ве́чером нас не́ было до́ма.
We were not at home that evening.
Мы не согла́сны с э́тим.
We are not agree with it.
Listen to the audio track and practice all today’s examples.
The offline version of this lesson is available here
More lessons on the Instrumental case
- The Instrumental case in Russian
- The Instrumental case with singular nouns
- The Instrumental case with plural nouns
- Personal pronouns in the Instrumental
- Demonstrative pronouns in the Instrumental
- Possessive pronouns in the Instrumental