The Genitive with singular nouns - Recap
The audio for the lesson is available at the bottom of the screen under the blue button.
Today let’s recap all we learned so far about the Genitive case in Russian.
Study the examples below and try to explain to yourself the use of the Genitive case in every sentence (the nouns in the Genitive are highlighted):
Я сижу́ у окна́.
I’m sitting by the window.
Это портре́т мое́й ба́бушки.
This is a portrait of my grandmother.
Моя́ сестра́ – дире́ктор шко́лы.
My sister is a school director.
Э́то пода́рок для моего́ му́жа.
This is a gift for my husband.
Для тебя́ тут письмо́ от ба́бушки.
Here is a letter for you from your grandmother.
Вся ме́бель здесь из де́рева.
All furniture here is made of wood.
Я могу́ доста́ть руко́й до потолка́.
I can get a hand up to the ceiling.
Practice today’s words and phrases with the audio track.
More lessons on the Genitive case
- 031: The Genitive case (introduction)
- 032: The Genitive case with masculine singular nouns
- 033: The Genitive case with feminine singular nouns
- 034: The Genitive case with neuter singular nouns
- 035: Personal pronouns in the Genitive
- 037: Prepositions used with the Genitive case
- 038: The Genitive with singular nouns - Recap
- 040: The Genitive case with masculine plural nouns
- 041: The Genitive case with feminine plural nouns
- 042: The Genitive case with neuter plural nouns
- 043: The Genitive case with plural nouns - Recap
- 046: Possessive pronouns in the Genitive
- 047: Demonstrative pronouns in the Genitive
- 072: Practice the Dative and Genitive case
- 090: Practice: the Genitive, the Dative and the Accusative
We need your support