Talking about the weather
Do you know already how to talk about the weather in Russian? In this lesson we’ll equip you with some basic Russian vocabulary to do that.
Кака́я сего́дня пого́да?
What is the weather like today?
Како́й на за́втра прогно́з пого́ды?
What is the weather forecast for tomorrow?
Каку́ю пого́ду обеща́ют на за́втра?
What is the weather forecast for tomorrow? (Lit. – What weather they promise for tomorrow?)
Как там на у́лице?
How is it on the street?
Как у вас пого́да?
What is the weather like in your place?
Идёт дождь. – It’s raining.
Идёт снег. – It’s snowing.
Бу́дет дождь. – It’s going to rain.
Бу́дет снег. – It’s going to snow.
Бу́дет тепло́. – It’s going to be warm.
Бу́дет хо́лодно. – It’s going to be cold.
Хо́лодно. – It’s cold.
Прохла́дно. – It’s cool.
Тепло́. – It’s warm.
Жа́рко. – It’s hot.
Ве́трено. – It’s windy.
Со́лнечно. – It is sunny.
На у́лице хоро́шая пого́да.
The weather is fine.
На за́втра обеща́ли дождь.
It will be raining tomorrow. (They promised the rain for tomorrow)
Завтра будет тепло́.
Tomorrow it’s going to ne warm.
Вчера́ шёл дождь.
It was raining yesterday.
Вчера́ бы́ло со́лнечно.
It was sunny yesterday.
We recommend: more useful vocabulary on this topic here.
Practice the phrases of today’s lesson with the audio and try to memorize them.
More lessons on Russian vocabulary
- The most important Russian words (#015)
- 'Hello' and 'How are you?' in Russian - Basic Russian greetings (#017)
- How to say GOODBYE in Russian (#021)
- Calling for help in Russian (#029)
- Talking about family in Russian (#037)
- Directions in Russian (right, left etc.) (#044)
- Describing health problems (#049)
- Wishes and congratulations (#055)
- Likes and dislikes (#065)
- "I speak Russian" in Russian and other useful phrases (#067)
- Thank you, please, you're welcome and other polite Russian phrases (#071)
- Seasons in Russian (#074)
- Russian love phrases (#076)
- Russian days of the week (#084)
- Days of the week - More examples (#085)
- Talking about the weather (#086)
- Internet vocabulary and phrases (#091)
- "My name is ..." in Russian (#092)
- How do you say that in Russian? (#101)
- Colors in Russian (#128)
- Useful phrases: pharmacy (#141)
- Meeting your in-laws (#143)
- Making friends in Russian (#145)
- New Year's dialogues (#149)
- Romantic Russian phrases (#150)
- Happy birthday in Russian, Russian birthday wishes (#155)
- Going to the movies (#156)
We need your support!