How do you say that in Russian?
The audio for the lesson is available at the bottom of the screen under the blue button.
Today let’s learn some basic Russian phrases which will help you to ask Russian speakers about the words or phrases you don’t know, don’t understand, or don’t know how to say.
Listen to the audio and repeat:
Как э́то говори́тся по-ру́сски?
How is it in Russian?
Как бу́дет по-ру́сски …?
How do you say in Russian (How it will be in Russian) …?
Как сказа́ть по-ру́сски …?
How to say in Russian …?
Что зна́чит … ?
What does … mean?
Что э́то зна́чит – … ?
What does it mean – … ?
Я не зна́ю, как э́то бу́дет по-ру́сски…
I don’t know how to say it in Russian…
More lessons on Russian vocabulary
- 015: The most important Russian words
- 017: 'Hello' and 'How are you?' in Russian - Basic Russian greetings
- 021: How to say GOODBYE in Russian
- 029: Calling for help in Russian
- 039: "I speak Russian" in Russian and other useful phrases
- 044: Directions in Russian (right, left etc.)
- 049: Describing health problems
- 055: Wishes and congratulations
- 062: My name is... - How to introduce yourself in Russian
- 065: Likes and dislikes
- 071: Thank you, please, you're welcome and other polite Russian phrases
- 076: Russian love phrases
- 084: Russian days of the week
- 085: Days of the week - More examples
- 086: Talking about the weather
- 091: Internet vocabulary and phrases
- 100: Seasons in Russian
- 101: How do you say that in Russian?
- 128: Colors in Russian
- 141: Useful phrases: pharmacy
- 143: Meeting your in-laws
- 145: Making friends in Russian
- 149: New Year's dialogues
- 150: Romantic Russian phrases
- 155: Happy birthday wishes in Russian
- 156: Going to the movies
We need your support